First time doing yoga or hot yoga? Great!
We recommend doing the following to set yourself up for success:
- Come in well hydrated. We recommend drinking 3-4 liters of water on days that you practice. If you’re planning to take an evening class, try to drink at least 2 liters of water during the day. If you’re planning to take a morning class, drink 3-4 liters of water the day before class and half a liter or more in the morning. If you come in dehydrated it’s not the end of the world, but class will feel better and your muscles will move better if you are hydrated.
- Eat 2-3 hours prior to class so you have some energy and so can practice on a mostly empty stomach. It’s no fun to move your body around with a belly full of food. Trust us, we’ve all tried it!
- Bring a mat, big towel (for heated classes), and water bottle with you. We have filtered water at the studio so you can fill up your bottle. We also sell bottled water if you forget yours. If you don’t have a yoga mat and towel, you can rent these at the studio for $2 each.
- If you’d like to shower after class in our changing rooms, bring an extra towel with you.
- Come in 15 minutes early so you can fill out our brief paperwork. Doors close promptly at the start of class.
- Wear light workout clothing that allows for movement and makes you feel comfortable, such as sports bras, tank tops, breathable shorts, capris, leggings &/or athletic shorts.
- Be prepared to work hard, sweat, and feel amazing after class!